Theory and Equipment concerning CBCT scans
Application, patient selection and decision making
Interpretation and incorporating CBCT data in your practice
Understanding and utilizing of various CBCT software platforms
Demonstration of the CBCT machine
Hands on CBCT Software navigation
HEAD, DEPT OF ORAL BIOLOGY AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES FACULTY OF DENTISTRY, MAHSA UNIVERSITY
HEAD, DEPT OF ORAL MEDICINE AND RADIOLOGY,
PENANG INTERNATIONAL DENTAL COLLEGE
LECTURER, DEPT OF ORAL MEDICINE AND RADIOLOGY
TIME : 9am- 5pm
VENUE : Penang International
6 CPD POINTS
LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS
ONLY RM 300 PER PERSON
Greetings from the Oral Radiology Team of PIDC. Glad to have you on board with us on this workshop.
Penang International Dental College (PIDC) is a Malaysian 6 star rated Private Dental College which offers a five-year Bachelor of Dental Surgery training program approved by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and fully accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). Scheduled, emergency, interventional and routine diagnostic imaging services are provided for patients in the Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology in PIDC. Diagnostic services and technologies offered include the following:
1. Intra oral Radiology (conventional)
2. Digital Intra oral radiograph-VaTech EZ Sensor
3. Phosphor Storage Plates (PSP)
4. Digital Orthopantomogram (OPG)
5. Digital Cephalography
6. Digital TMJ Tomogram
7. Cone Beam Computer Tomography (CBCT)
Maxillofacial cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) is one of the most significant advances in dental imaging since rotational panoramic radiography. While the acquisition of CBCT data is technically simple, numerous parameters should be considered so that CBCT imaging is performed appropriately and ‘task specific’. This involves an understanding of not only exposure (e.g. geometric and software parameters to minimize patient dose, while sustaining diagnostic image quality) but also image formatting options to maximize image display. CBCT images contain far more detailed information of the maxillofacial region than do panoramic or other 2D images and necessitate a thorough knowledge of the 3D anatomy of the region and considerations of variability in the range of the anatomically normal. These principles, procedures and protocols, together with the interpretation of CBCT images form the basis of best practices in maxillofacial CBCT imaging.
The Workshop aims at bridging the gap in knowledge for current CBCT users as well as those who would like to invest in a CBCT machine.
This CBCT workshop is highly recommended for all dentist and students especially new dental officers who are practicing in Government sector. They will be encountering more traumatic, head and neck lesions and minor surgery cases which will be interpreted using CBCT when they get attached to hospitals mainly in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Department. This course will be very useful and they can learn in detail on usage of CBCT.
-Dr.Kugashini, Dental Officer, Klinik Pergigian Kulim.
We appreciate the whole team of CBCT workshop for their efforts taken on teaching and getting the participants involved throughout the workshop. We enjoyed the whole learning process. Thank you.
- Dr.Veena Naik, Faculty of Dentistry, AIMST University.
They run a very good course on CBCT
- Dr.Rullyandrianto Pan Nuriman, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Penang General Hospital.
A must attend workshop for all practicing dentist. Very informative lecture, good and interactive speakers plus simple and easy Hands on. Excellent work PIDC. Hope to join more such good courses in future.
- Dr.Shanthi Muniandy, Unit pakar Periodontik, Klinik Pergigian Bandar, Sungai Petani.
A very good exposure on information and handling of CBCT-A well oriented course
- Mr.Ong Zhi Li, Dental Student.
1. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
2. Car parking facility is available outside and inside NB towers (Parking level 5).
3. Workshop will be carried out at level 17 and will commence at 9.00 AM.
1. Candidates will be provided with Handouts of the presentation.
2. Individual workstation will be provided for each candidate.
3. Interactive Q & A session with the facilitators and panel discussion at the end of the workshop.
4. Participants who are interested to study and use the CBCT software in their own Laptop can bring them too. Our IT support team will help installing and running the software in your respective Laptops. However, there are certain requirements necessary to run the software. Your laptop should have the following configuration minimum or above. These are the basic requirements,
-Windows 7 or 10
-Preferably updated OS
-Most CBCT software do not work on IOS or Android. So, Apple or Android users excuse.
-Mouse wired/ wireless with wheel - scroller (as it is tough to maneuver CBCT on laptop touchpad)
5. Participants can bring their own cases (CBCT) for discussion with the facilitators. Please note: Discussion duration for personal cases is subjective to time availability.
We are located in NB Towers, Opposite to Penang Sentral (BUS / Ferry / Train Station) in Jalan Bagan Luar and can be reached in 5 minutes by walk. You can reach us by 30 minute drive from Penang International Airport